Sunday 21 September 2014

Mason, Jackson & Wyatt

To match my post, "Lucy, Mia & Scarlett", I am writing today about the Top Baby Names for Boys for 2014.

Liam is #1.  I think of the actor Liam Neeson.  It can be short for William.

Mason is #4 on the list.  That's the name of my nephew who just turned 3.  It's also the name of a TV show "Perry Mason" from the 1950's.  Surnames seem to be common these days as first names.

Jackson is #8.  My daughter Jacqueline had a boy named Jackson in her Kindergarten class.  Andrew Jackson was the 7th president of the United States.  Michael Jackson was, of course, the King of Pop.

Jack is #10.  I think of President John F. Kennedy whose nickname was Jack.  His name fit so nicely with his wife's nickname, Jackie.

Luke is #11.  It's a strong, masculine name.  I think of Luke Duke from the TV show "The Dukes of Hazzard".  Paul Newman starred in a movie called "Cool Hand Luke" in the 1960's.

William is #15.  My brother's name is William.  Prince William is popular right now with his recent marriage and new baby.  It's a solid, masculine name.

Wyatt is #26.  I think of Wyatt Earp, the Deputy Marshal from Tombstone, Arizona.

Dylan is #32.  I immediately think of the folk singer Bob Dylan.  I don't like his raspy voice but I do like his poetic lyrics.  Also, Dylan Thomas was a famous poet.

Landon is #37.  I think of Michael Landon who played Mr. Ingalls on the TV show "Little House on the Prairie".













No comments:

Post a Comment