Friday 4 November 2011

Grandfriends' Day

Today was Grandfriends' Day at Brantford Christian School.  Oma, Opa, Grandma and Grandpa all visited to hear Jacqueline play a piano solo, "The Bells of Great Britain", and sing all of the books of the Bible in order with her Grade 3 class.  Thomas accompanied eight other Grade 8's on the guitar performing "Ode to Joy".  The Grade 7's performed a play about Reformation Day complete with Martin Luther and his 95 theses.  We (the moms) served a lunch of soup, buns, cold cuts, cheese, fruit and dessert.  What a great day!  Grandparents enrich our lives so much!



WALKING WITH GRANDPA

I like to walk with Grandpa,
His steps are short like mine.
He doesn't say "Now Hurry Up,"
He always takes his time.

I like to walk with Grandpa,
His eyes see thing like mine do -
Wee pebbles bright, a funny cloud,
Half hidden drops of dew.

Most people have to hurry,
They don't stop and see.
I'm glad that God made Grandpa,
Unrushed, and young like me.

~Poem by Thena Smith~



GRANDMA'S FLOWERS

Each time I go to Grandma's place
To spend some summer hours,
She lets me pick a big bouquet
Of pretty garden flowers.
I've learned the names of almost all
The flowers Grandma grows:
Carnation, iris, pansy, phlox
Petunia, and rose.
The sweet pea is my favorite;
It has a lovely smell.
The flower Grandma likes the best
Is Canterbury bell.
I think my Grandma's wonderful
And hope that when I'm grown,
I'll have a "green thumb" just like hers
And flowers of my own.

~By Pauline S. Walker~



Photo courtesy http://imgs.inkfrog.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment